Bedford Pumps Ltd was formed in 1987 by former members of the pump department at NEI (W H Allen) after the company closed their pump manufacturing facility within the town.
W H Allen was founded in London in 1880 and moved to Bedford in 1894 and as Allen Gwynne Pumps established a worldwide reputation for delivering high quality pumping plant to the world market. The fledgling company, originally called The Bedford Pump Company, started with no order book and within 6 years had raised their turnover to £7.5M. They became Bedford Pumps Ltd in 2002 after they were acquired by Hidrostal AG and to this day are a flexible, highly experienced British manufacturer of robust, pumping plant for the water and waste water industry.
Bedford Pumps carry with them the engineering experise that was associated with W H Allen but have infused this philosophy with a dynamic problem solving approach that ensures each and every pump application is offered as an “engineered solution”.